Monday, March 11, 2013

A STEWARDSHIP PRAYER


Lent points the way to what really matters: Christ.
The Road Ahead
My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain
where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think I am
following your will
does not mean that I am actually
doing so.
But I believe that the desire to
please you
does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all
that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything
apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this,
you will lead me by the right road,
though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore I will trust you always
though I may seem to be lost and in
the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for you are ever
with me,
and you will never leave me to face
my perils alone.
Amen.
- Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment