Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stewardship Prayer: Serving God from the Heart

O God, I resolve to put You first in my life.
I recognize that You have blessed me
with all that I have and all that I am.

I commit to giving back to You the first portion
of my blessings. Doing so may seem scary at times,
but I hear Your reassurance in Scripture: Do not worry any more,"
and know that I can depend on You.

I resolve to sacrifice when neccessary but always
to do so out of a spirit of sincere love, just as your Son, Jesus did for me.

I humbly accept the challenge to share from my means rather than my excess.
I recognize that being a good steward is nothing more than being
truly Christian. I thank You Lord for blessing me and I trust Your love.

Dear God, I resolve to be generous with my time, talent and treasure,
giving in proportion to the gifts I have received. At times I may fail,
but I pledge to keep trying. In so doing I will confidently live each day
Serving You from the heart.

Source: Diocese of Wichita

No comments:

Post a Comment